Skip to main content

CORRECT YOUR MISTAKES!



Short version

Physical changes are changes to the size, shape, color/colour or state of matter. They do no make anything new. After a physical change, matter is the same substance. Melting ice and boiling water are physical changes, because they are changes in the state of matter. Breaking glass and crushing cans are examples too, because just the size and shape change. Mixing sand and water is one too, because we can separate them. What are some other physical changes?

Long version

Physical changes can be changes to the size, shape, color/colour or state of matter of a substance. However, they do not produce new substances. In other words, after a physical change, matter is still made up of the same substance. Melting ice and boiling water are good examples of physical changes because the only change is in the state of matter, such as solid to liquid or liquid to gas. Other good examples are breaking glass or crushing a can because only the size and shape change. Mixing water and sand is also a physical change because, although it may be difficult, the sand and water can be separated. These are all physical changes because matter changes form, but not chemical identity. Can you think of more examples of physical changes?


Comments

  1. Hi Criastina I am Pilar. Sorry for not doing the book report. I was having a problem with my face. I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilar, I hope your problem is solved!! Let me know if you need some help, you can send it to me these days.Take care ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHICH MOVIES CAN YOU FIND?

This time I will be the first one starting this game. The first movie that I have already found is.. ALADDIN! There are many of them. Can you find them? You can post their names to help your friends.

WRITING OF THE WEEK

Good morning friends! Today a new writing prompt. This one is really special, it is a fantastic presentation made by Andrew just for you. It is important to pay attention and follow it  in order to answer all the questions. Use your writing notebook and when you finish it  send them to me. R emember that is compulsory to write complete sentences without spelling mistakes !! YOU CAN DO IT 💪 Send it to me BEFORE FRIDAY!!

NEVER FORGET IT!

I miss you guys! 😘